Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Junior Non-Key Expert Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination, Myanmar
Junior Non-Key Expert Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Name of project:
Myanmar- Institutional Strengthening and Policy Dialogue Support (ISPDS) (EuropeAid)
The MY-Governance project is supporting the Department of Rural Development (DRD) through the provision of technical assistance (TA) for Programme Monitoring and Coordination (PMC).
The objective of this TA is to support the M&E Section staff and the M&E focal points within the respective departments with improved coordination of M&E activities and reporting with sub-national M&E units. The M&E Coordinator will support the M&E Section in establishing and implementing an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of DRD programme activities and performance at all levels. The M&E Coordinator will also provide support to the capacity development of the sub-national M&E units, including undertaking a capacity needs assessment and a functional system review of how data is collected and reported. The objective is to support the development of M&E capacity and implement effective M&E procedures and systems at all levels.
The assignment is expected to take place during the period of November, 2017 - June, 2018 (176 working days). Base of Operation/Location of assignment is the Department of Rural Development, Nay Pyi Taw, with extensive field work throughout Myanmar.
Tasks to be undertaken by the Junior Non-Key Expert:
(the tasks may slightly vary )
- Undertake a review of existing M&E coordination structures at national and sub-national levels
- Prepare a work plan jointly with the M&E Section and TA team
- Develop a capacity building assessment instrument and conduct a survey of the M&E capacity of sub-national M&E units
- Support the M&E Section in the coordinating of M&E capacity development training
- Formalise guidelines for the organisation of the M&E reporting structure
- Support the TA team and M&E Unit in the development of procedures, systems and a manual for data collection and reporting
- Monitor implementation of the SRF M&E activities, including identifying bottlenecks and proposing actions to resolve them, and follow-up on agreed actions and recommendations, in close collaboration with the M&E Section and the TA team
- Ensure clear communication & strong coordination is maintained between the M&E Section, national M&E focal points, and sub-national M&E units
- Support the M&E Section in the management of day-to-day M&E tasks and confirm they are completed with appropriate resources, proper planning and to the highest standard required
- Support the M&E Section in preparing M&E reports to the senior leadership of the DRD
Qualification and skills
General and professional experience
Specific professional experience
If you are interested in this position and fully meet the listed criteria please send your CV in EU format (see format attached) at your earliest convenience to: Anna.Jaeger@gopa.de
Please note, that only candidates that fulfill the criteria will be contacted
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
176 working days