Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Key expert: Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) expert for FCWC, Ghana
Key expert: Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) expert for FCWC
Rural Development and Environment
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Name of project:
Technal assistance to FCWC in the framework of PESCAO (EU)
This contract is part of the PESCAO programme whose overall objective is to enhance the contribution of fisheries resources to sustainable development, food security and poverty alleviation in West Africa. The specific objective of PESCAO is to improve regional fisheries governance in Western Africa through better coordination of national fisheries policies.
Qualifications and skills
- Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma in a discipline related to fisheries control, maritime affairs, law enforcement, project management or related field;
- Thorough knowledge of English and French;
- Strong report and analytical skills;
- Capacity to maintain effective document and record management;
- Editing, formatting, calculation and presentation abilities;
- Advanced abilities in ICT applications (in particular MS Office suite).
General professional experience
- At least five years of professional experience in fisheries Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS),
- Experience in project management and implementation of projects in the field of fisheries MCS and the fight against Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) fishing would constitute an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Professional experience in Western Africa would constitute an asset;
- Excellent command of MCS tools (including VMS/AIS systems) and experience in emerging/new fisheries monitoring technologies.
The first two years of the assignment will be full time and the last two years will be part time where the consultant will be required to work 3 weeks continuously in every 3 months.
If you are interested in this position and fully meet the listed criteria please send your CV in EU format (see format attached) at your earliest convenience to: Martina.Lastrico-Schneider@gopa.de
Please note, that only candidates that fulfill the criteria will be contacted.
Project start date:
First trimester of 2018
Project end date: