GOPA project database
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,450 projects in more than 130 countries. At present, over 140 are being carried out. This database provides a selection of projects best illustrating GOPA’s fields of activity.
Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Key experts for three projects on Climate Change in Turkey (EU), Turkey
Key experts for three projects on Climate Change in Turkey (EU)
Rural Development and Environment
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Name of project:
Climate Change in Turkey
GOPA Consultants is currently identifying potential key experts and team leaders for 3 EU-financed projects on climate action and policy development in Turkey. The common overall objective of these 3 projects is to contribute to the global efforts to mitigate climate change in line with scientific evidence and to reduce anthropogenic GHG emissions.
1. Technical assistance for increased public understanding and enhanced stakeholder capacity on climate action (EU)
2. Technical Assistance for Developed Analytical Basis for Formulating Strategies and Actions towards Low Carbon Develoment (EU)
3. Technical assistance for developed analyticalbasis for the land use, land-use change and forestry (LULUCF) sector (EU)
For these projects GOPA is looking for the following pool of experts:
- Expert in climate change, mitigation and adaptation
- Environmental and multi-criteria decision-making
- GHG baseline scenario and GHG scenario modelling
- Mitigation assessment
- Sustainable cities
- Energy efficiency in housing buildings, public buildings
- Climate friendly agriculture, ecosystem based adaptation
- Waste management
- Water and waste water
- Experience with GHG inventory preparation for the LULUCF sector
Qualification and Skills:
- master's degree in climatology, environmental sciences, environmental management and policy, or a related field
- excellent command of written and spoken English; Turkish would be an asset.
General professional experience:
At least 10 years of general professional experience in the specific area.
Location: Ankara with frequent travels in project area.
If you are interested in one of these expert positions, please send your CV to Claudia Laube Claudia.Laube@gopa.de. Please note, that an early application will be highly appreciated.
Non-successful applications will not be replied to.
Project start date:
Project end date: