Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Legal Counsel / Project Manager, Germany
Legal Counsel / Project Manager
Vacant in-house position
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Name of project:
In-house position (GOPA headquarters)
We are currently looking for a
Legal Counsel / Project manager (m/f)
for our headquarters located in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main), Germany.
In this function you provide advice to the Management, the departments and the HR unit in various legal fields, including international contract law and labour law. You support the project and contract management from a legal point of view, draft contracts and legal documents, and assess the risks of projects and contracts. Furthermore, you handle legal disputes and liaise with external counsels.
On the other hand, you are directly involved in our operational business as project manager. In a focal technical area, as for example Good Governance, you cover the whole project cycle, from the acquisition of new projects, the identification of project staff and negotiations to the financial and technical management/backstopping of on-going projects. You travel abroad regularly for so-called fact finding and backstopping missions.
In both areas you spend approximately 50% of your working time.
- 2nd German State Examination in Law
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) is a plus
- Ideally 2 years of postgraduate professional experience as a lawyer in the legal department of a multinational company, an internationally operating law firm or in an international or bilateral donor organisation (European Commission, World Bank, GIZ, KfW)
- Work experience abroad is a plus
- Substantial expertise in drafting and negotiating international contracts, ideally also international consortia and partnership agreements in English
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and related contract conditions (European Commission, World Bank, GIZ, KfW) is a plus
- Understanding of economic contexts and interest in matters related to international development cooperation
- Proven business-fluent in German and English (both spoken and written); additional language skills (French, Spanish) would be an asset
- Pragmatic, goal-driven and customer-oriented method of working; ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Mobility and willingness to travel abroad