Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Senior International Baseline Survey Expert, Myanmar
Senior International Baseline Survey Expert
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Name of project:
Myanmar- Institutional Strengthening and Policy Dialogue Support (ISPDS) - EuropeAid
The MY-Governance project is supporting the Department of Rural Development (DRD) through the provision of technical assistance (TA) for Programme Monitoring and Coordination (PMC).
The objective of this TA is to conduct four baseline surveys for the core areas of DRD programming: rural electrification, water supply, revolving funds and vocational training. This TA will be supported by the PMEs who will collaborate with the Baseline Survey Experts in designing and conducting the baseline surveys. The baseline survey questions will reflect the indicators of the DRD SRF, particularly the outcome indicators.
Tasks to be undertaken
(the tasks may slightly vary )
- Undertake a desk review of all documentation
- Prepare a work plan jointly with the M&E Section and TA team
- Finalise methodology of the study, including but not limited to the finalisation of the sample size, the development of the questionnaires for the focus group discussions and qualitative interviews
- Finalization of the questionnaire for the quantitative survey
- Data analysis, in collaboration with the data collection team, the M&E Section and the TA team
- Draft report, including workshop presentation
- Final report, taking into consideration comments from the DRD
The assignment is expected to take place during the period of October, 2017 - February, 2018 (88 working days). Base of Operation/Location of assignment is the Department of Rural Development, Nay Pyi Taw, with extensive field work throughout Myanmar.
Qualification and skills
- Post graduate degree in field related to rural development
- Qualification in statistics
- Fluency in English
General professional experience
- 10 years professional experience
- 5 years experience inconducting programme baselines and research
- 5 years experience and knowledge of agriculture and rural development
Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of country context
- Experience of working with government ministries in developing countries
- Experience in the design and use of quantitative and qualitative methods for assessment and evaluation
- Strong data analysis and statistical presentation skills
- Excellent writing, editing, attention to detail and organisational skills
If you are interested in this position and fully meet the listed criteria please send your CV in EU format (see format attached) at your earliest convenience to: Anna.Jaeger@gopa.de
Please note, that only candidates that fulfill the criteria will be contacted
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
88 working days