Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Team Leader – Strategic framework of PAR, Strategic planning, policy development and coordination, Ukraine
Team Leader – Strategic framework of PAR, Strategic planning, policy development and coordination
Governance and Economic Development
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Name of project:
Support to Comprehensive Reform of Public Administration in Ukraine (EU)
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall planning, coordination and implementation of the project and will ensure achievement of the expected results of all components. The Team Leader will also work as leader of Components 1 and 2.
Qualifications and skills:
- Q1: Master degree or equivalent in a field related to the Contract: political sciences, public administration, public policy, economy or law. A master degree in other areas, together with minimum 5 years of experience directly related to the field of public administration and in addition to years required under the general professional experience (G1), can also be accepted.
- Q2: Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language (minimum level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian above level B1 is considered an asset
General professional experience:
- G1: minimum 10 but preferably 15 years of professional experience in the fields related to the Contract. Partial experience in a public administration institution of a government would be an asset. Experience beyond 15 years will be accepted but will not represent an asset during the evaluation
Specific professional experience:
- S1: Minimum 3 but preferably 5 year of professional experience as employee in a public administration institution of an EU Member State or an accession country or an ENP East country at a senior or middle level position with responsibilities directly linked to the Components 1 and 2 of the Contract
- S2: knowledge of the Ukrainian public administration context is considered an asset
- S3: experience as Team Leader or Key Expert within the EU or other donor-funded projects is considered an asset.
The overall objective of this contract is to improve accountability, quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the Ukrainian public administration through assisting the Government of Ukraine in the implementation of Ukraine's 2016–2020 strategy of public administration reform and its implementation plan, as well as other connected policy documents and their implementation plans in line with the OECD/SIGMA principles of public administration.
More specifically, the contract will aim at:
- improving the capacity of the Government of Ukraine to steer, coordinate, implement, monitor and report the PAR process,
- enhancing strategic policy planning and the quality of policy and legislative development,
- increase professionalism, effectiveness and politically neutrality of the civil service,
- improving accountability and the organisational set-up of public administration,
- improving the quality and accessibility of public service delivery and reducing the administrative burden for citizens and business.
The main beneficiaries of the contract are the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade and the Ministry of Justice.
If you are interested in this position and fully meet the listed criteria please send your CV in EU format at your earliest convenience to: email@example.com.
Project start date:
Project end date: