Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
6-months Intern (m/f/d) for Statistics Department, Germany
6-months Intern (m/f/d) for Statistics Department
Vacant in-house position
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Name of project:
The Statistics Department provides technical assistance across the entire range of statistical processes and domains. We help to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity, we assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programmes and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
GOPA Worldwide Consultants GmbH is looking for an
Intern for our Statistics Department
to start as soon as possible at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main), and the internship should last for up to six months.
During the internship you will be involved both in the acquisition and the management of projects which gives you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the various areas of activity of a consulting firm specialised in development cooperation.
- Support in the preparation of technical proposals for various donors (e.g. Eurostat, EU, World Bank), amongst other things, through collection of project references and drafting of text components
- Support in the identification and recruitment of experts through research in internal and external databases; contacting experts
- Desk research and work on relevant topics
- Support with administrative tasks within the team
- Completed or ongoing Master studies in economic, political or social sciences, ideally related to official statistics, census, data analysis, etc.
- Good course achievements
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Interest in International Development Cooperation and in the field of official statistics
- English fluency, proficiency in French and/or Russian would be an advantage
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Fascinating insights into International Development Cooperation in the field of official statistics
- Support to business development in CIS, Asia, Sub – Saharan Africa and other regions
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an international and cosmopolitan team
- Continuous guidance by a mentor
- Internship salary
- Personnel -
61348 Bad Homburg