Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Business Support Employee - Assistant to the IPA team (m/f) , Germany
Business Support Employee - Assistant to the IPA team (m/f)
Vacant in-house position
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Name of project:
In-house position in headquarters
Currently, we are searching for a Business Support Employee (m/f) to support our Statistics Department in implementing the IPA regional programme.
Place of work is our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany.
Key tasks include:
- Assisting the IPA project team in carrying out the activities required to implement the project
- Managing and updating the existing monitoring tools
- Ensuring a proper record of filing documents as well as continuous information flow
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the project (e.g. organisation of expert missions, workshops, training courses, etc.)
- Supporting proposal preparations in consultation with the responsible project manager
- Providing secretarial support (incl. reporting requirements)
- Strong communication, networking and team-working skills
- Fluent business English language skills and at least basic German language skills
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Initial professional experience in the field of project assistance is considered as an asset
Our Statistics Department provides technical assistance across the entire range of statistical processes and domains. We help to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity, we assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programmes and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) programmes
IPA exists to help partner countries face the challenges of European integration and implement reforms to satisfy EU requirements. GOPA Consultants is currently implementing the IPA 2015 Multi-partner statistical cooperation programme that covers the following partner countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. The overall objective of the project is to prepare the statistical authorities in the partner countries for future EU membership by aligning their present methodologies and practice with the statistical acquis and integrating them into the European Statistical System.
For more information on our company and the Statistics Department please visit our website www.gopa.de.
Contract details: fixed-term contract (2 years)