Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, GOPA Consultants is one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Jobs at our headquarters (student assistants, interns and permanent jobs)
Are you are looking for an international working environment? Do you feel comfortable in a lively team with level hierarchies? Are you customer-oriented and a fast thinker? Then we should get to know each other.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced professional, we look forward to receiving your application, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations. Click here!
Jobs for experts only
For positions for experts, please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses specified in each job offer.
Call for Experts under FWC Lot 3: Trade and Market Access, Worldwide
Call for Experts under FWC Lot 3: Trade and Market Access
Governance and Economic Development
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Name of project:
Policy Support Facility For the Implementation of EU Foreign Policy-PSF 2019 Worldwide-Lot 3: Trade and Market Access
The overall objective of the FWC Lot 3 is to contribute to improved market access for EU companies in third countries through increasing business and trading opportunities for EU companies in third countries, ensuring proper enforcement and implementation of trade and investment agreements and supporting market access activities to ensure the removal of trade and investment barriers for EU business.
In order to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the following activities and tasks will need to be performed under this framework contract:
- Legal Analysis and advice, both for the analysis of third country legislation, implementing measures and practices and market access cases, as well as potential dispute settlement cases.
- Fact finding for the preparation of dispute settlement, market access and trade defence cases.
- Provide technical support, fact-finding and analysis of economic partnership and free trade agreement during the negociations.
- Expertise in support of EU Delegations coordinating Market Access Teams, including strenghthening and facilitating local EU-wide business structures by providing information and advocacy, for example, to remove trade and investment obstacles.
- Translations (both from and into language of partner country), especially of existing or draft legislative documents, standards, communication material.
- Collection and analysis of statistics and data.
- Provide technical support and expertise for partner countries to implement reforms linked to provisions in trade and investment agreements (e.g. technical regulations and standards, customs, environmental and labour laws, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development provisions, competition policy).
- Assistance to monitoring the proper implementation of trade and investment agreements, including the provision of unilateral preferences and support for addressing disputes.
- Monitoring of the business environment in partner countries, including existing and planned lesgislation and standards.
- Organisation of expert seminars and workshops, in particular linked to the preparation, negotiation or implementation of trade and investment agreements and the removal of market access barriers, with a particular focus on the content of the event.
- Promotion of trade and investment agreements to ensure that economic operators take full advantage of them. This will include targeted communication activities (publications, videos, social media), conferences and stakeholder event, trainings of government officials.
- Provision of business relevant information through specific communication channels and media.
The expertise may cover any of the following sectors:
- customs and trade facilitation,
- import formalities and requirements,
- non-tariff barriers (NTBs),
- technical-barriers to trade (TBTs),
- services, including financial services, transport services
- rules of origin and origin procedures,
- intellectual property rights,
- public procurement,
- corporate social responsibility, gender and labour rights
- sustainable development and environment,
- sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures,
- agriculture and fisheries,
- competition policy, including state owned enterprises, monopolies, and enterprises granted special rights or privileges,
- energy and raw material,
- electronic commerce
- Proceedings and expertise linked to WTO dispute settlements and trade defence instruments
- Identification and efforts to remove market access barriers in third countries
- Advocacy with third country governments and civil society organisations
- Taxation issues
The expertise may also cover any geographic area in the world, particularly the following countries: Australia, Canada, China, China-Hong Kong, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America, Vietnam, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, Brazil.
GOPA is the leader of the consortium awarded the Framework Service Contract for the Policy Support Facility for the Implementation of EU Foreign Policy, Lot 3: Trade and Market Access. Over the lifetime of the Framework Contract (2 years renewable), we will receive various requests for services for short- and medium-term assignments on a wide range of trade-related topics. Each request will include detailed ToR of the specific requirements.
However, kindly note that each request for services will be subject to a competitive procedure, so we cannot guarantee your engagement at this time.