Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Chief technical advisor: international forest and management specialist (63 months), Ethiopia
Chief technical advisor: international forest and management specialist (63 months)
Rural Development and Environment
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Name of project:
Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity and Forests (KfW)
The Project concerns the establishment of new communal forests in the Amhara region adjacent to the "Borena Saynt National Park".
- Conservation of the biodiversity of priority protected areas and of selected forestry and afforested areas
- Contribution to the sustainable use and to the improved livelihood of the local population and the country
- Assistance to the PCU as well as to the relevant project implementing agencies at zonal and Woreda levels in the overall management and the related project activities, e.g. planning, implementation coordination as well as implementation supervision
- Technical supervisory for the overall progress of the project: forest management standards and models, financial planning and the follow up of activities, procurement planning and implementation as well as overall logistical support for a smooth execution of the project measures
- M.Sc. in forestry or in another relevant discipline with an overall professional experience of at least 15 years
- Proven record and work experience with forest investment projects
- Practical work experience in projects or programs of natural resources management, in general, and integrated rural development and management in particular is another prerequisite
- Experience with participatory approaches to project planning, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Long-standing work experience with managing projects and programs financed by international development agencies (preferably also projects and programs financed by KfW)
- Relevant experience in Ethiopia and good knowledge of cooperating organizations (Government organizations or NGO’s) of Amhara and on federal level would constitute an extra mark
- Excellent communication skills
Project start date:
Project end date:
approx. 6 years