Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Events and Project Officer , Belgium
Events and Project Officer
Governance and Economic Development
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Name of project:
Support to Economic governance and reforms in the Southern Neighborhood
Responsible for the organisation of events, training courses, workshops, conferences etc.;
Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet expectations;
Managing supplier relationships;
- Support TL and the KE4 in tasks related to communications and visibility of the project as per EU visibility requirements;
- Responsible for the daily office management, administrative and logistical management;
Arrangement of travel, booking accommodation and organisation of study visits;
- Responsible for daily communication, correspondence and planning within the project office;
- Support KEs and NKEs in liaising with the main stakeholders, organising and agreeing meetings and taking minutes if necessary;
- Support the mobilisation of NKE (visa, provision of briefing package, organisation of travel and other necessary logistics etc.);
- Support the KEs in the recruitment and management of NKE, fill-in data in NKE tracking tool and support in filling-in timesheets of experts appropriately;
- Support in preparing and editing different reports as required by the ToR;
- Daily ad-hoc translation in English/French of short documents and other correspondence as well as in meetings where not covered by incidental budget.
At least3 years of professional experience as event manager and/or public relation officer;
Experience in office and/or project management.
Proficient in the use of MS Office applications;
Able to work in a team, having excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
Experienced in event budgeting and related finance management;
- Asset: experience working in EU funded projects.
- Fluent in French and English (written and oral);
- Asset: Arabic.
Location: Brussels, Belgium*
Please send your CV in English and contact details (position, work relation, phone and email) of 2 persons that we could contact to provide work references via e-mail to Goekhan Oezmemis and Malina Radescu: .
The subject of your email should be your full name, followed by the name of the position you apply for.
Application deadline: 24th of December 2018, 18h00, Brussels time.
Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview in Brussels, Belgium.
*Residence and work permit for Belgium are needed.
Mission start date:
As soon as possible