Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Head of Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality (m/w/d), Germany
Head of Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality (m/w/d)
Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality
Vacant in-house position
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Name of project:
GOPA mbH is looking for a
Head of Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality
to start as soon as possible at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
Are you looking for work in an international environment and would like to expand and further develop, together with the Group of companies? Then you are right with us!
As Head of Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality you will be responsible of the professional and disciplinary management of the unit. This includes project acquisition and implementation in the area of M&E, strategic expansion of the unit and technical control of all activities of the unit as well as disciplinary management of the assigned employees.
- Strategic development and management of the Unit
- Continuous observation of the M&E market and development of donor-oriented strategies to expand the Unit
- Ensuring Project Acquisition of M&E projects from identification of potentially interesting acquisition approaches over identification of consortium partners up to internal team coordination during the tender process
- Ensuring economic project budgets and price quotations in cooperation with the project manager and final coordination with the management.
- Conducting negotiations with clients, consortium partners and subcontractors
- Ensuring the proper implementation of new projects, and the contractual and economic management and monitoring of ongoing projects
- Carrying out strategically important short-term assignments in the field of M&E (e.g. evaluations or the development of monitoring systems)
- Active management of product development in the area of M&E for GOPA
- Performing the contact and communication function within the team and continuous exchange and coordination with management
- Disciplinary and technical leadership of seven team members
- Academic degree (Master’s degree) in the field of social sciences/econometrics or similar
- At least 8 years professional experience in consulting as project manager for client-financed projects
- Solid knowledge in the field of monitoring and evaluation, and experience in the implementation of evaluations and the development of monitoring systems
- Experience in the acquisition of client-financed projects
- Experience in team management
- Good knowledge of client regulations, requirements and planning methods, in particular of EU, GIZ and KfW
- Good knowledge of current development cooperation trends, actors, etc., and of developments in the field of M&E
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English (an additional foreign language is desirable but not a prerequisite)
- Very good project management and (self-) organisational skills
- Recipient-oriented convincing communication skills
- Willingness and ability to create a sustainable open dialogue and exchange
- "at eye level" with others and to actively involve them in the development and implementation of innovations
- Creative approach and the ability to constructively question the status quo
- Good networking skills
- Willingness to travel to international partner countries
- Friendly colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of fun and humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- Short, direct communication and decision paths, and an “open door” policy across all levels
- An international working environment in a
- A by-no-means ordinary, professional branch
- A secure, permanent position
- The means to further your professional development with us
- Job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own cantine
- Exciting projects that you can actively shape through your expert knowledge
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
- HR -
61348 Bad Homburg