Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, GOPA Consultants is one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Jobs at our headquarters (student assistants, interns and permanent jobs)
Are you are looking for an international working environment? Do you feel comfortable in a lively team with level hierarchies? Are you customer-oriented and a fast thinker? Then we should get to know each other.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced professional, we look forward to receiving your application, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations. Click here!
Jobs for experts only
For positions for experts, please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses specified in each job offer.
Institutional and Capacity Development Expert (Team Leader), South Africa
Institutional and Capacity Development Expert (Team Leader)
Education and Employment Promotion
Monday, December 30, 2019
Name of project:
Education for Employability (E4E) Sector Reform Programme
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall project implementation of the E4E Programme.
The overall objective of the Education for Employability (E4E) Budget Support Sector Reform Programme of which this contract will be a part is "more inclusive, equitable and quality education and employment prospects for South African youth".
The specific objectives/ outcomes of the programme are:
Specific Objective (SO) 1: enhance institutional coordination within the education, training and public employment services systems to promote the development of a smooth pathway from training/education to employment opportunities, especially for disadvantaged youth. This objective is in line with SO3 of Sector 1 of the MIP (Employment creation), "Actions in the area of skills development and placement assistance enhanced"
Specific Objective (SO) 2: support, from early ages up, an educational offer that is equitable and inclusive, especially for disadvantaged youth. The objective is in line with SO1 of Sector 2 of the MIP (Education, training and innovation), "Teaching and learning at pre-school and primary school level improved".
To attain the above-mentioned specific objectives, the action has been designed to support the Government of South Africa in the following result/output areas:
1. Diversified learning pathways (with emphasis on work integrated learning) for improved employability of students, are set-up and offered to students at school/college level;
2. Public labour counselling and placement assistance services are improved;
3. Access to quality Early Childhood Development and throughput through grades are improved; and
4. Parental involvement and support is mainstreamed from the early ages up to TVET.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master’s Degree in education, development studies, organisational development, business administration, management or a related discipline is required; (In the absence of a Master’s Degree, a Bachelors' degree or equivalent qualification with at least 15 years' experience in the fields listed above or related disciplines will be considered;)
- Good communication skills in English- written and spoken;
- Competent in MS Office;
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years general experience in institutional strengthening and capacity development or strategic management or project and programme management in sectors related to education, skills development and training, youth employment or placement services;
- At least 5 years of the above experience should be in South Africa or in an upper middle income country;
- At least 2 years of the above experience should be in government/public sector;
Specific professional experience July 2019
- At least 2 experiences in policy/strategy issues related to the education sector;
- At least 2 experiences in policy/strategy issues related to the employment sector;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in monitoring and evaluation is required;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in providing technical support on organisational development and institutional capacity development is required;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in project/programme management in public sector is required;
- Experience and exposure to work with TVET colleges or ECD or youth employment or labour placement services will be an added advantage;
- Managerial experience in the public or private sector will be an added advantage.
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
Project start date:
Project end date: