Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Institutional Strengthening & Human Resource Capacity Building Specialist, Ghana
Institutional Strengthening & Human Resource Capacity Building Specialist
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Name of project:
The overall objective of Compete Ghana programme is, in the context of the Ghana beyond aid vision, to improve economic governance and business environment and to maximize the benefits of the EPA for Ghana.
The specific objective is to strengthen Ghana’s administration capacities in the implementation of the EPA as well as to strengthen the competitiveness in Ghana and enhance her integration into the regional and international trading system, in coherence with Ghana's EPA Accompanying Measures Strategy.
Key Expert 2: Institutional Strengthening & Human Resource Capacity Building Specialist
(600 working days estimated over the contract period)
Qualifications and skills
• The key expert should have a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Management, Human Resources Management or allied subjects; or equivalent professional experience of at least 2 years in addition to the requested general professional experience;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet and power point presentations.
General professional experience
• At least 8 years of experience in designing organizational structures, rules and regulation,
Human Resource and Financial processes, institutional strengthening of Central/National or State/sub-National Government entities.
Specific professional experience
• Robust knowledge of the latest theories and concepts in institutional strengthening and human resource capacity building;
• Experience in institutional building projects related to strengthening capacities for implementation of bilateral trade agreements;
• Experience on EU funded projects is an asset;
• Experience in Ghana and the West Africa region is an asset.
Project start date:
Project end date: