Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Internship in Statistics Department, Germany
Internship in Statistics Department
Vacant in-house position
Monday, April 9, 2018
Name of project:
Internship in GOPA Headquarters
Our Statistics Department provides technical assistance across the entire range of statistical processes and domains. We help to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity, we assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programmes and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
Our Statistics Department is offering an internship position in our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany. The start date is as soon as possible and the internship should last between four and six months.
During the internship you will be involved both in the acquisition and the management of projects which gives you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the various areas of activity of a consulting firm specialised in development cooperation.
Your tasks in brief:
- Support with the preparation of technical proposals for various donors (e.g. Eurostat, EU), among other things through collection of project references and drafting of text components
- Support with the identification and recruitment of experts through research in internal and external databases; contacting experts
- Desk research and work on relevant topics
- Support with administrative tasks within the team
- Ongoing Bachelor or Master studies in economic, political or social sciences, ideally related to official statistics, census, data analysis, etc.
- Good course achievements
- Interest in International Development Cooperation and in the field of statistics
- Fluent English languages skills and ideally also French language skills
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Fascinating insights into International Development Cooperation
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an international and cosmopolitan team
- Continuous guidance by a mentor
- Internship salary