Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Junior Consultant Education and Employment Promotion (m/f), Germany
Junior Consultant Education and Employment Promotion (m/f)
Education and Employment Promotion
Vacant in-house position
Friday, June 8, 2018
Name of project:
In-house position in headquarters
As Junior Consultant you will support both the acquisition of new projects and the implementation and backstopping of on-going projects. In the first 1 -1.5 years, you will be responsible for the preparation of pre-qualifications (PQs) and expressions of interest (EoIs), and you will keep track of these. In addition, you will take responsibility for early identification, contacting and enlisting of suitable long- and short-term experts as well as conducting negotiations in consultation with the lead acquisition manager.
With gaining more experience, you will take over more responsibilities and finally manage projects both in the acquisition and implementation phase independently. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions.
- Assist in the acquisition process, including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals
- Take responsibility for early identification, contacting and enlisting of suitable long- and short-term experts as well as conducting negotiations in consultation with the lead acquisition manager
- Organise and lead fact-finding missions to the recipient countries
- Support the technical and financial monitoring/management (backstopping) of on-going projects, including coordination and monitoring of the project activities on site, monitoring of the project progress, ensuring the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervision and management of project staff and resources, preparation/finalisation of project reports
- Organise and lead backstopping missions
- Consult continuously with clients, project partners and consortium partners
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of social sciences
- Fluent in business English (both written and spoken) and French/Spanish language skills; German language skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Strong writing, communication, networking and team-working skills, flexibility and conflict management experience, business-oriented
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- A developed sense of responsibility and commitment
- Demonstrable strength to work reliably and accurately
- Ability to keep track of your tasks, even under high workload, and to meet tight deadlines
- First experience (ideally 1 - 2 years) in the education sector and/or the vocational and training sector or in the employment sector
- Ideally, experience in expert recruiting
- Ideally, first experience in business development and budget/financial management of projects or organisations and conception/drafting/acquisition of projects; in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
- First experience in the consulting business as project manager for projects funded by bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as knowledge of the competition in the development-cooperation-related consultancy market, are considered as strong assets
- Work experience abroad in target countries for development cooperation, is considered as a strong asset
- A challenging and varied job in a motivated team
- An international work environment
- Short communication and decision making processes and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Continuous investment in your development
Ready to work with us? Please send your application (cover letter including earliest starting date and salary expectation, CV, relevant certificates and reference letters) by e-mail.