Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Key expert 1: Team Leader 24 months (KfW), Rwanda
Key expert 1: Team Leader 24 months (KfW)
Rural Development and Environment
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Name of project:
Institutional Support to FONERWA
The Project will be based in Kigali and will provide institutional support to Rwanda’s Fund for Environment-FONERWA that constitutes both an instrument to facilitate direct access to international environment and climate finance, as well as to streamline and rationalise external aid and domestic finance. The fund invests in the best public and private projects that have the potential for transformative change and that align with Rwanda’s commitment to building a strong green economy. The Green Fund also provides expert technical assistance to ensure the success of its investments.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in environmental science, economics, law or related studies;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Proven record in the development and roll-out of a resource mobilization strategy and unlocking additional funding sources.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in environmentally sustainable, climate resilient and green economic growth with the focus on financing mechanisms and climate finance;
- At least 10 years of experience in working with government agencies and funding institutions on the environmental sustainability, climate resilience and climate finance;
- At least 7 years of management experience in the fields of Institutional and Human Resource development, monitoring and evaluation, financial project management and reporting;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in managing environmentally- related technical assistance programmes in developing countries, preferably in Eastern Africa;
- Management and/or participation in projects involving international and national teams of experts of different technical backgrounds
- Relevant professional experience of working with projects financed by KfW and/or German International Cooperation would be an advantage.
Project start date:
4th quarter of 2019
Project end date:
4th quarter of 2021