Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Key Experts: TA for the PFM Capacity Development Programme for Improved Service Delivery (South Africa), South Africa
Key Experts: TA for the PFM Capacity Development Programme for Improved Service Delivery (South Africa)
Governance and Economic Development
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Name of project:
Technical Assistance for the Public FinancialManagement Capacity Development Programme for Improved Service Delivery
Applicants are expected to consider the attached Action Fiche closely when highlighting their relevant experience in their EU-format CVs.
The purpose of this project is to:
- professionalize the public finance management within all spheres of government (national, provincial and local) with respect to expenditure and revenue management, procurement/supply chain management, asset management, and internal audit.
- enhance the capacity of Provincial Treasuries to perform their capacity building roles with respect to provincial departments and municipalities
- improve the capacity of municipalities to manage public funds and deliver services
We are currently looking for a potential key expert meeting the following minimum requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- Master-level degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration or any other discipline relevant for this assignment;
- Excellent command of English
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a senior management position in international projects on Public Financial Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Key Expert in an EU-funded projects
- experience with implementation, monitoring and evaluation of public financial management capacity building at all three spheres of government
- In-depth understanding of Public Sector Reform in South Africa will be advantageous;
- experience working in South Africa or a country with similar PFM challenge
- Expertise in at least 2 out of the following 9 areas of PFM
- Management Accounting (planning and budgeting)
- Revenue Management
- Expenditure Management
- Asset Management (movable and immovable)
- Financial Accounting
- Supply Chain Management
- Internal Control
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Internal Audit