Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Labour Market Analyst , Georgia
Labour Market Analyst
Education and Employment Promotion
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Name of project:
Technical Assistance to Skills Development for Matching Labour Market Needs
Key expert 3: Labour Market Analyst (minimum 300 working days)
Key expert 3 is responsible for implementation and coordination of LMIS related activities and will operate in a full coordination with the Team Leader and other team members.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least Master degree in a discipline relevant to the assignment or, in its absence, a minimum of 5 years' experience additional to the general professional experience required below;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Computer literacy.
- Master’s degree in Economics or Statistics will be an advantage.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in labour market sector.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum 5 years of experience linked to labour market analysis and information systems, proven by the list of assignments and papers/or analytical studies;
- Experience of working with approaches and methodologies for analysing skills mismatches and anticipation of skills demands, proven by the list of assignments and papers/or analytical studies;
- Experience of working with LFS and labour market statistics, indicators and analytical methodologies, occupational classifications such us ISCO;
- Experience of working with international methodologies for education data collection and classification (ISCED), and international tests and their analysis (such as PISA, TIMMS, PIRLS and PIAAC);
- A minimum 1 year of expertise in statistical data analysis, including the ability to use statistical programmes such as Excel and STATA, or equivalent, for quantitative analyses on the labour market;
- A minimum 1 year of experience as key expert in at least 1 donor funded project;
- Working experience in the area relevant to the assignment in EU Member State, Candidate or potential Candidate country (https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/check-current-s...) or in Eastern Partnership country will be an asset;
- Experience in designing and using skills anticipation methodologies will be an asset;
- Experience in capacity development programmes will be an asset;
- Experience in supervising a team and/or leading a research/policy initiatives will be an asset;
- Experience as key expert in at least 1 EU funded project will be an asset.