Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Long Term Experts (TL and KE), Georgia
Long Term Experts (TL and KE)
Governance and Economic Development
Monday, December 18, 2017
Name of project:
Technical assistance support for public administration reforms in Georgia
The project is currently still in forecast-stage.
It's objective will be is to strengthen the institutional capacity of the main stakeholders of the reform of central public administration in Georgia (Administration of Government, ministries and agencies, civil society organisations), in core areas covered by the public administration reform roadmap 2015–2020 (policy development, human resource management, transparency/accountability, service delivery and decentralisation). Particular focus is envisaged on policy development, human resources management and transparency/accountability.
The project shall provide high-level advisory support and capacity building for the strengthening of institutions tasked with steering, implementing and monitoring the reforms in these priority areas. The contract is part of EU-funded large-scale programme ‘Support to public administration reform in Georgia’ (2016–2021) aiming to increase the efficiency, accountability and transparency of central administration, with specific attention to the Administration of Government, Civil Service Bureau as well as Ministries of Agriculture, Justice, Education and Science, Health, Labour and Social Affairs, Economy and Sustainable Development. The project shall ensure synergies and cooperation with other EU actions related to reforms of the administration.
We are currently looking for longterm experts with the following profile:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree or equivalent in a field related to the Contract: political sciences, public administration, public policy, economy or law.
General professional experience:
- 15 years of professional experience in Public Administration Reform as defined by SIGMA: (1) Strategic Framework of Public Administration Reform; (2) Policy Development and Co-ordination; (3) Public Service and Human Resource Management; (4) Accountability; (5) Service Delivery; (6) Public Financial Management.
Specific professional experience:
- Professional experience in a public administration institution of an EU Member State or an accession country or an ENP East country in a senior position.
- Experience related to the implementation of a comprehensive PAR strategy, particularly with regard to core areas covered by pillars 1-3 of the public administration reform roadmap 2015–2020 of Georgia:
- (1) Policy development,
- (2) human resource management,
- (3) transparency/accountability,
- Knowledge of the Georgian public administration context would be an asset
- Experience as Team Leader or Key Expert within the EU or other donor-funded projects is considered an asset.
- Experience in capacity building of civil servants would be considered an asset.
Project start date: