Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
For all other jobs (in-house positions and positions for experts), please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses mentioned in each job offer.
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
National long-term expert for CCNP/Sheka BR, GIZ, Ethiopia
National long-term expert for CCNP/Sheka BR, GIZ
Rural Development and Environment
Thursday, July 4, 2019
Name of project:
Conservation and sustainable use of natural resources: Biodiversity
- Community conservation with national park/ Biosphere reserve;
- Organizational Development in the conservation sector for the Regional Government and its subordinated authorities in the SNNPRS Region;
- Upkeep of (or support) a dialogue-platform for the exchange of relevant public institutions (e.g. UNESCO MAB Program);
- Mechanisms for private sector involvement into conservation and management of the national park (e.g. tourism, certification, etc.).
- Education/training: University qualification (Master) in nature conservation and/or environmental economy;
- Language: Good business language skills in Amharic and English;
- General professional experience: 8 years of technical cooperation experience in biodiversity conservation and 5 years of experience in value chain development;
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of experience in the establishment and management of protected areas (in particular National Parks/BR), collaboration with private, public and civil society actors in Ethiopia, application of land use planning measures and/or resolution of human-wildlife conflicts and/or management of public-private partnerships and/or certification;
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in projects in Ethiopia, of which 2 years in projects in SNNPR;
- Development cooperation experience: 5 years of experience in development cooperation projects.
Project start date:
Project end date: