Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
For all other jobs (in-house positions and positions for experts), please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses mentioned in each job offer.
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Primary and non-formal education - Institutional Strengthening Expert (KE3), Bangladesh
Primary and non-formal education - Institutional Strengthening Expert (KE3)
Education and Employment Promotion
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Name of project:
EU - Technical assistance to support the human capital development programme for Bangladesh 2021
The overall objective is: To support the government in the implementation of its development policies aiming at a better educated, trained and qualified human capital, as laid down in its national strategic development plans.
The specific objectives/result areas focused on primary education and TVET are to contribute towards:
- Improved quality, relevance and efficiency of the primary education and TVET subsectors (Quality component);
- Improved and equitable access to primary education and TVET services (Equity & Access component), and;
- Improved management and governance of the subsectors (Governance component).
The results are in line with the national strategic plans and the SDG agenda.
The expert is expected to contribute to the following result: Develop the necessary enabling environment to reinforce institutional capacities to undertake effective, timely and evidence-based primary education system reforms
Main activities under the primary education reform programme will include:
- Effective and timely support to strengthen institutional capacity and move towards a results-oriented culture within the PEDP-4 (The Primary Education Development Programme) implementing entities, in particular Directorate for Primary Education (DPE), National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) and the Bureau of Non-Formal Education (BNFE):
i) Support in the planning and articulation of their TA requests, providing confidence that quality requirements are fulfilled throughout the process (quality assurance);
ii) Prioritisation and delivery of effective and timely support to implementing the TA requests focussed on institutional strengthening. Potential areas for strengthening may include: financial and fiduciary planning, budgeting, operational planning, scheduling and management, strengthening of reporting, monitoring, feedback and redress mechanism and evaluation systems;
iii) Provide support to strengthen horizontal articulation among PEDP-4 key activities and vertical coordination across the implementing entities at all levels;
iv) Conduct demand-driven evidence-based research into key areas identified, supporting on-going development of strategy and performance-assessment;
v) Conduct larger analytical reviews such as Public Expenditure Reviews (PER), as required.
- Contribute, in collaboration with PST, to the management, oversight and facilitation of the implementation of the TA plan. Including (i) providing operational management and direction to the provided TA (both pooled and parallel) to avoid duplications and identify gaps and (ii) support through information sharing and networking, scheduling of work-plans and quality assurance of deliverables.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in education, social sciences, public administration, economics or other relevant field (or in the case of a Bachelor’s degree, additional 5 years of relevant professional experience);
- Excellent command of oral and written English;
- Full computer literacy and excellent reporting skills.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the education sector, covering both primary and non-formal education;
- Evidence of experience in the design and implementation of EU budget support programmes will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of education programmes or projects in developing or middle income country context;
- Expertise in strategic planning and institutional strengthening. Evidence of assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 5 years;
- Previous experience in South Asia will be considered an asset.
Commencement date of the project: October 2019
Duration of the project: 48 months
Duration of the assignment: minimum 700 working days
Project start date: