Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Project Accountant , Belgium
Governance and Economic Development
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Name of project:
Support to Economic governance and reforms in the Southern Neighborhood
- Project procedures: ensure that all consultants and staff are aware and understand and follow the project procedures.
- Incidental expenditure according to EU procedures: monitor expenditure on a monthly basis (actual and budget) according to PRAG rules: Coordination of the use of the incidental budget, budgeting and reporting; Ensure the collection of all original documents.
- Payment of invoices: ensure that all invoices are properly paid, the originals collected and well introduced in the formats required by the finance department in GOPA;
- Accounting: recording of all payments in an individual accounting tool (Winpaccs);
- Reporting: prepare the monthly accounts for the project and report to GOPA HQ on a monthly basis. Send the original documentation within the first days of the next month by DHL.
- Value added tax (VAT): recovery of VAT amounts with the tax authority.
- Financial documentation: store all records/files for audit purposes;
- Financial tasks: support the TL with the day-to-day financial management und accountancy tasks in the project office in Brussels and maintain regular communication with the Finance and Contract Manager in GOPA HQ: Manage all project accounts and ensure the timely refunding; Manage the petty cash according to the agreed budgets and procedures; Overseeing all contracts with local providers (e.g. for transport, translation etc.); Support the capacity building in all financial aspects (e.g. by obtaining three price quotations or negotiating rates); Provide support for any financial analysis or budgets relating to the Work Plans and project implementation.
- Timesheets: final check of the timesheets; prepare a record of utilization of expert days on a monthly basis.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in accounting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and accounting software(s) (e.g: Winpaccs);
- Asset: experience working in EU funded projects.
- Fluent in French and English (written and oral);
- Asset: German language skills.
Location: Brussels, Belgium*
Please send your CV in English and contact details (position, work relation, phone and email) of 2 persons that we could contact to provide work references via e-mail to Goekhan Oezmemis and Manuela Ensinger .
The subject of your email should be your full name, followed by the name of the position you apply for.
Application deadline: 24th of December 2018, 18h00, Brussels time.
Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview in Brussels, Belgium.
*Residence and work permit for Belgium are needed.
Mission start date:
As soon as possible