Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Skills Development Expert , Georgia
Skills Development Expert
Education and Employment Promotion
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Name of project:
Technical Assistance to Skills Development for Matching Labour Market Needs
Key expert 1: Skills Development Expert (minimum 770 working days)
Key expert 1 is responsible for implementation and coordination of skills development, youth and entrepreneurial learning activities and will operate in a full coordination with the Team Leader and other team members.
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master degree in a discipline relevant to the assignment or, in its absence, a minimum of 5 years' experience additional to the general professional experience required below;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in education/skills development sector;
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience linked to skills development, VET and/or LLL policy analysis and development involving government institutions and social partners;
- A minimum 1 year of experience in VET governance, policy and/or quality assurance;
- A minimum 1 year of experience as key expert in at least 1 donor funded project;
- Experience in providing policy advice and technical assistance to ministries and public institutions in EU Member State, Candidate or potential Candidate country (https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/check-current-s...) or in Eastern Partnership country in the area of skills development, VET and/or LLL will be an asset;
- Experience in working in public institutions/educational agencies or equivalent dealing with initial VET and/or Continuing Vocational Training and/or LLL will be an asset;
- Experience in capacity development programmes will be an asset;
- Experience in youth policy and entrepreneurship will be an asset;
- Experience in supervising a team and/or leading a research/policy initiatives will be an asset;
- Experience as key expert in at least 1 EU funded project will be an asset.