Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader, Belgium
Governance and Economic Development
General Call for Applications
Monday, December 18, 2017
Name of project:
Support to an enabling business environment for MSME development and financial inclusion (Neighbourhood South)
Consult relevant section of the AAP: Component 2 – Support to an enabling business environment for MSME development and financial inclusion
Qualifications and skills
- Master-level degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other discipline relevant for this assignment;
- Excellent command of English and French (written and oral) is mandatory. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior management position in international projects and/or multi-partner projects, of which at least 3 years as a Team Leader (or equivalent in terms of responsibility)
- Proven professional experience in a management position in programmes and projects with view to enhancing the business environment on a regional scale;
- Proven experience with EU-funded cooperation projects of at at least 5 years
Specific professional experience
- At least 10 years' experience in private sector development and/or SME development preferably in the Southern Neighbourhood region
- At least 5 years' professional experience working in the Southern Neighbourhood Region
- Proven experience in policy dialogue for business, and South-South learning
- Proven knowledge of the SME sector in the Southern Neighbourhood region (policies, business climate, major issues and challenges, legal framework and institutional setup) would be an asset
- Good knowledge of regional and international funding mechanisms available for MSMES in the Southern Neighbourhood region would be an asset.
Mission start date:
Mission end date: