Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, GOPA Consultants is one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Jobs at our headquarters (student assistants, interns and permanent jobs)
Are you are looking for an international working environment? Do you feel comfortable in a lively team with level hierarchies? Are you customer-oriented and a fast thinker? Then we should get to know each other.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced professional, we look forward to receiving your application, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations. Click here!
Jobs for experts only
For positions for experts, please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses specified in each job offer.
Team Leader for EU Support for Climate Action in IPA II Beneficiaries, Western Balkans & Turkey, Belgium
Team Leader for EU Support for Climate Action in IPA II Beneficiaries, Western Balkans & Turkey
Rural Development and Environment
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Name of project:
EU Support for Climate Action in IPA II Beneficiaries – Transition towards the Low Emissions and Climate-resilient Economy in the Western Balkans and Turkey
The team leader will be responsible for overall delivery of contract outputs and the quality control of contract implementation. S/he is expected to have a key role in all technical aspects of the contract
As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in law, environmental sciences or international relations or European integration or other related field.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English; required ability to travel to beneficiaries s; knowledge of one of the languages of the beneficiaries will be an asset.
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 2 years) report that he/she has authored.
General professional experience
- Demonstrable capacity to efficiently manage a project involving the multiple counterparts/teams, including from the IPA beneficiaries, to be proven by experience with at least one, and preferably more projects, involving a team of at least 3-5 members, within the past 5 years;
- at least 10 years of relevant professional experience, out of which at least 5 years of relevant experience in the Western Balkans and Turkey and/or the former Candidate Countries.
- As a minimum two project references in the last 6 years related to the subject matter of the current contract in the Western Balkans beneficiaries and Turkey and/or the former Candidate Countries.
- Demonstrable knowledge and very good understanding of the EU environment and climate acquis and policies and of the EU enlargement process.
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of the political situation in the Western Balkan beneficiaries and Turkey and the European integration process.
Specific professional experience
- demonstrable experience in capacity building in the IPA beneficiaries, as regards any of the following (as demonstrated by list of recent projects of this kind, and brief mention of the responsibility in the project):
- alignment with EU environmental and climate change acquis – institutional and legislative capacity building
- developing climate policies and measures
- demonstrable experience in leading regional and multi-national projects related to environment and climate change (including experience in coordination of teams of at least 10 experts) of at least 5 years, as well as an understanding of legal and implementation issues, particularly with regard to alignment of the Western Balkans with EU environmental and climate acquis
The team leader will be a position of at least 400 working days over the 36 months contract duration.
A minimum of 30% of these working days should be spent in the beneficiaries or the benificiary where the Secretariat will be located.
Please note that only experts with the above-mentioned professional skills and experiences will be contacted.
Please note that early applications are welcomed and the selection process has started.