Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader , Ghana
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Name of project:
The overall objective of Compete Ghana programme is,in the context of the Ghana beyond aid vision, to improve economic governance and business environment and to maximise the benefits of the EPA for Ghana.
The specific objective is to strengthen Ghana’s administration capacities in the implementation of the EPA as well as to strengthen the competitiveness in Ghana and enhance her integration into the regional and international trading system, in coherence with Ghana's EPA Accompanying Measures Strategy.
Key Expert 1: Team Leader (660 working days estimated over the contract period)
Qualifications and skills
• The key expert should have a Master's degree in Economics, Trade Law, Trade Policy,
International Development or other relevant fields or equivalent professional experience of at least 2 years in addition to the requested general professional experience;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet and power point presentations.
General professional experience
• At least 8 years of relevant professional work experience in the area of trade.
Specific professional experience
• Experience in the area of trade policy implementation, including experience working in
ACP/EU EPA negotiations and implementation;
• Experience of international trade and regional integration, Aid for Trade, export trade and value chains;
• At least one (1) experience as Team Leader during the last 10 years; more experience is an asset;
• Knowledge of human resource development and institutional strengthening, gained from working with institutions in a developing country context is an asset;
• Experience of EDF projects in an asset;
Project start date:
Project end date: