Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
For all other jobs (in-house positions and positions for experts), please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses mentioned in each job offer.
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader, Lebanon
Governance and Economic Development
Monday, June 17, 2019
Name of project:
Technical Assistance Facility for the Lebanese Private Sector
The project covers the establishment of a technical assistance facility for the Lebanese private sector in order to help it expand and diversify. The facility will provide technical assistance covering a wide range of issues according to needs and readiness of the private sector, in line with Lebanon and EU's priorities.
A few areas where support could be possible have been identified, some of them being already covered to some extend by ongoing programmes. They are broadly linked to trade, entrepreneurship and innovation. The latter (innovation; research and development) will deserve a particular attention.
The project will define the specific sub-sectors of intervention during its inception phase as well as the concreteactivities to be deployed and the use of incidental expenditures. Interventions will be flexible and proposed based on the results of regular needs assessment.
The core assistance could be summarized as follows (indicative):
1) Selective expertise to: upgrade services offered by business intermediary organisations; encourage innovation and technology upgrade in start-ups and companies; export promotion; product development; advice on financing mechanisms for SMEs; upgrade of good manufacturing practices;
2) Capacity-building to business intermediaries/private associations/federations in providing better support tocompanies;
3) Specific awareness raising events about targeted topics such as the digital economy, trade, export promotion,the engagement of the diaspora;
4) Promotion of exchanges with European agencies and entrepreneurs;
5) Advise on legal and regulatory issues (e.g. on trade-related standards in sectors such as food safety andpharmaceuticals, on services and on innovation);
The results to be achieved by the contractor are the following:
R1) Innovation, technology and quality issues become a core element of business development and of marketshares expansion in domestic, regional or international markets.
R2) There is a higher quality of Lebanese products and services, thus contributing to increased competitivenessand diversification of the private sector.
Applicants should be able have an inspiring discussion on the topic, having read the action document (https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/sites/near/files/c_2018_8188_lebanon_aap_2018_merged_document_en.pdf ), as well as the attached contract notice.
- Level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years preferably in the field of business, economy and/or management and similar
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of promoting a business friendly environment through multi-level interventions and in particular policy-level coordination mechanisms
- Proven experience in policy dialogue in the EU's Southern Neighbourhood
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of innovation ecosystems
- Professional experience as a Team Leader on at least one long-term, EU-funded Technical Assistance project
- At least 6 months experience in working in Lebanon in the context of a technical assistance project
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
Project start date:
Project end date: