Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader (MSME & Business Environment), Belgium
Team Leader (MSME & Business Environment)
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Name of project:
Support to Economic Governance and Reforms in the Southern Neighbourhood (EU)
We strongly advise applicants to familiarise themselves with the relevant section of the attached AAP before discussing a potential collaboration during an interview. The assignment durations are indicative and depend on final tender documents of the contracting authority.
Qualifications and skills
- Master-level degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other discipline relevant for this assignment;
- Excellent command of English and French (written and oral) is mandatory. Knowledge of Arabic would be a strong asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior management position in international projects and/or multi-partner projects, of which at least 3 years as a Team Leader (or equivalent in terms of responsibility)
- Proven professional experience in a management position in programmes and projects aimed at enhancing the business environment with a strong outreach and communication component;
- Proven experience with EU-funded cooperation projects of at at least 5 years
Specific professional experience
- At least 10 years' experience in private sector development and/or SME development preferably in the Southern Neighbourhood region
- At least 5 years' professional experience working in the Southern Neighbourhood Region
- Proven experience in policy dialogue for business, and South-South learning
- Proven knowledge of the SME sector in the Southern Neighbourhood region (policies, business climate, major issues and challenges, legal framework and institutional setup) would be an asset
- Good knowledge of regional and international funding mechanisms available for MSMES in the Southern Neighbourhood region would be an asset.
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
Project start date:
Project end date: