Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Technical Assistant / Statistician / Data analyst, Luxembourg
Technical Assistant / Statistician / Data analyst
Vacant in-house position
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Name of project:
Methodological Assistance to LUCAS project
GOPA Luxembourg, Daughter Company of GOPA Consultants (Germany-based) aims to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity. We assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programmes and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
In particular, the technical assistant will share his time between two main activities:
- Providing support to a team of statisticians in the context of a statistical methodological support project to Eurostat;
- Supporting the daily operation of the office
- Data analysis and dissemination;
- Data entry and validation;
- Technical assistance to ongoing projects;
- University degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, economics or other relevant field;
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience dealing with data collection (i.e. surveys) and analysis;
- Knowledge of statistical concepts of land use/land cover, including good knowledge of LUCAS (Land Use and Land Cover Survey) is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and SAS (knowledge of other statistical software such as R, SPSS, Stata is an asset);
- Excellent and analytical capacities;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Problem-solving attitude and team player.