GOPA project database
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 projects in more than 130 countries. At present, over 140 are being carried out. This database provides a selection of projects best illustrating GOPA’s fields of activity.
Integral Support Programme to SME
Governance and Economic Development
Ministry of Economy of the United States of Mexico
European Commission (EC)
Value of Services:
Grupo Soges S.p.A.
Idom Ingeniera y Consultora S.A.
TÜV Rheinland of Mexico S.A.
Start of project:
End of project:
The links between Mexican SMEs and those from EU countries have not been very strong in the past and therefore offer some room for intensification. A stronger cooperation between these economic actors would offer a number of advantages for both sides, namely an increase of competitiveness through international transfers of technology and entrepreneurial know-how, building of strategic alliances between Mexican and European SMEs and a stronger penetration into international markets thus improving the export performance of many SMEs (especially in Mexico).
The general objective of the Integral Programme to Support Small and Medium Enterprises (PIAPYME) was the strengthening of economic, commercial and entrepreneurial relations between Mexico and the European Union. The specific objective of the Programme was the enhancement of the competitive capabilities and the exportation opportunities of the small- and medium-sized Mexican enterprises in a variety of sectors, amongst others: software, communication, IT, honey, strawberries, furniture, textiles, shoes, robot techniques, medical equipment, handicrafts, leather, flowers, tequila, sesame, fish.
- Organisation of entrepreneurial training;
- Technical assistance to improve productive processes;
- Transfer of knowledge about foreign markets and export processes;
- Technical assistance to the processes of entrepreneurial integration;
- Technical assistance to stimulate technological innovation;
- Advisory services and financial support related to the processes of penetration into foreign markets;
- Organisation of training -of-trainers courses;
- Technical assistance to the creation of co-investments and strategic alliances;
- Technical assistance to the preparation and follow-up of sector meetings;
- Strengthening the existing information network (PYME Contact, UE Integration- Mexico);
- Maintaining this network and training on how to use it;
- Launching of sector studies and market surveys;
- Organisation of SME participation in international fairs;
- Creation of a data base with all programme activities.