GOPA project database
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 projects in more than 130 countries. At present, over 140 are being carried out. This database provides a selection of projects best illustrating GOPA’s fields of activity.
Technical assistance to the project “Ny Fanjakana ho an'ny Daholobe” (An Administration for all)
Governance and Economic Development
European Commission (EC)
Value of Services:
Start of project:
End of project:
After a long political crisis and the interruption of international cooperation, Madagascar has again reached constitutional order in 2014. Despite this stabilising effort, the government is facing enormous challenges, particularly an increasing level of inefficiency of public administration that hampers the development of the country. Hence, the reform programme for enhancing public administration efficiency (Programme de Réformes pour l’Efficacité de l’Administration - PREA) was developed and linked to the Presidency of the Republic. Its mission is to improve the productivity and the efficiency of public administration in Madagascar. The project “Ny Fanjakana ho an'ny Daholobe” (NFD), of which this technical assistance contract is part of, provides a continuous support to the PREA, especially in the implementation of the public financial management reform.
Overall objective: The overall objective of the project NFD is to contribute to stability and inclusive growth through a revitalisation of public administration and public services.
Specific objective: The specific objective of this technical assistance project is to strengthen the efficiency and the integrity of public administration to improve the delivery and quality of public services.
The technical assistance contract is carried out through direct management by the European Commission and entrusted to the consultant GOPA with its consortium members.
The technical assistance delivers :
- A technical support provided permanently by two experts as well as by a short and medium-term technical assistance targeting a revitalisation of public administration through capacity building in the services in charge of public finance management (MTEF), human resource management (HRM), as well as of public asset management;
- Technical assistance services responding to the beneficiaries’ demand, in particular:
- Organisational and institutional audits of management systems, such as:
- Bodies in charge of public expenditure monitoring and judicial follow-up of infringements; Regular control of public expenditure and incomes at municipal and regional level; Formalisation of decentralised budget management and accounting; Review of the legality of acts and local finance; Accountability of the administration towards the administered; The institutes for higher education targeting State officials as well as legal professions (magistrates, clerks, lawyers); Parliamentary committees for finance, health and education.
- Restructuring of the audit systems;
- Support to the development of an optimised control system of State resources (including a redefinition of the public servant remuneration system and of control chains);
- Organisation of requested trainings, particularly on:
- HRM; Public finance management (accounting, budgetary procedures at all levels etc.); Asset management; Command of computerised management systems; Public procurement, etc.
- Technical installation of modernised management and control systems of public services:
- Computerisation of HRM systems; Computerisation of the anti-corruption penal chain; Computerisation of the administrative chain; Computerisation of lower courts; Operationalisation and computerisation of the Asset Management Directorate.
The technical assistance encompasses:
- Two (2) permanent key experts providing an institutional support to the PREA and to the Ministry of Civil Service, as well as the line ministries/services key for the reform (justice, interior, health, education, finance, the Prime Minister’s office, Parliament) to improve the services delivered to the population;
- A pool of 5360 m/d of mid and short term technical assistance intervening on beneficiaries’ demand in the areas described above and based on the terms of reference elaborated by all stakeholders throughout the duration of the project;
The backstopping services will assure:
- The proper financial and administrative management of the project (including of incidentals);
- Support to the management of work and supply procurements in indirect management with the National Authorizing Officer of the European Development Fund;
- Mobilisation of short, medium and long-term expertise;
- Elaboration and implementation of the communication strategy for the project NFD.
- Result 1: Planning, inter-sectorial coordination and monitoring of public administration activities have improved.
- Result 2: Management of human resources, public services and remuneration for public servants have been rationalised.
- Result 3: National control bodies are operational and more efficient, thanks to their reorganisation and strengthening, in the judicial follow-up of infringements as well as in the enforcement of sanctions.
- Result 4: The accountability of public administration towards the administered is strengthened.